Charley and Kate's Beauty Basic's - Lips

HEY! So it's time for Beauty Basics again! I've been looking forward to writing this post because it's one of my favourites! 

Firstly, If you've been wondering where the rest of the 10 Day You Challenge is, it's coming. I had a bit of a crappy week and I've not been feeling up to blogging. But I will continue with it for you all!
But on with the make up talk!

This weeks Beauty Basic is Lips, and I am a BIG lipstick fan! Not so much lipgloss, but you'll see my favourite lip products in the photo below.
Top - Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake. £7.99
MAC Classic Bullet Lipstick in Please Me. £14.00
Sleek Lipstick in Barely There. £4.99
Bottom - Gosh Volume Lipshine in Nude. £7.99
Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic. £4.49

Starting off with the Revlon Lip Butter. Everyone's been raving about these forever, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that it's in my top 5 products. They come in so many shades and are super wearable. Their sheer texture makes them very light weight and moisturising. 
My only complaint is that they don't last as long as I'd like them too!


Revlon Lip butter 


MAC Lipstick in Please Me. Everyone should own a Mac lipstick, even if it's only one! I'm not gonna waffle on about how lovely the are because many of you know!
But this lipstick is fantastic, it was my FIRST ever Mac lipstick, and I love it to this day. It's a matte finish and has a really velvety texture when applying. It lasts for ages on my lips with little wear. It's a cute pinky colour, very girly and awesome.


Mac Lipstick 


Sleek lipstick in Barely There. When I brought this lipstick I expected it to be a completely different colour! I think I mixed up the testers in Superdrug. I wanted a baby pink try of colour, but when I got home it was this rather fabulous, peachy coral-y colour.
This is my only sleek lipstick, but I would purchase more in the future. It's a got a lovely creamy texture and slicks on the lips with minimal effort. This one has a sheerish finish, but it's totally build able to achieve a more full coverage lip. 


Sleek Lipstick 

Gosh Volume Lipshine in Nude. Now, I'm not much of a lipgloss girl, but this is what I reach to when I cannot be bothered. I slick it on and it completes my natural make-up. With a lipgloss you do have to reapply but this is quite a thick gloss, so it isn't so easily licked off.
My only problem with this is that it is a bit sticky, so my hair get's all glued to it!


Gosh Volume Lipshine 

Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic. Every man and his dog has at least one of these. You'll all know what these are like, you either love 'em or you have them.
I actually quite like the formula and they last for quite a long time on my lips. I'm not that big of a fan of the applicator, but hey ho. you an either go all out with this one, or sometimes I just dab a small amount and run it over my lips with my finger, that way it's not to POW in your face.

                                                                                                                                                                     Rimmel Apocalips 

I hope you enjoyed my Beauty Basic's post on Lips! 
If you're wanting more Beauty Basic posts, you can read my previous post here

If you've been reading my posts then you'l know that I've been collaborating with an old friend Kate, who blogs over at, whatkatedidnext92.com

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Love Sick £7.99
MAC Satin Lipstick in MAC Red £14.00
Rimmel Apocolips in Big Bang £5.99
Revlon Lip Butter in Sorbet £7.99
Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub £5.25

If you love beauty blogs, you should all go and check out Kate's top 5 lip products here

Thanks for reading lovelies!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment